View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I saw ones called cat 5e, cat 6, twisted, snag free...whew...prob the fancy stuff LOL

Just show it to them & tell them the length or approximate & they will get you the right kind.
mainly the plug ins need to be the same as what you have.
Hi.

Just came home from Radio Shack. They have a 25 foot Ethernet cable for $19.99 THAT'S RIGHT, 20 BUCKS for the same thing I can get in the ninety nine cents store, that sells it for $5.99

So I asked the guy at Radio Shack "what's the difference?" and he whispered "It's got the Radio Shack name".

I thanked him, went to my computer guy who has been my computer guy for YEARS, and I asked him, (I even brought my spare Ethernet Cable with me). He said 'yeah, we have one of these, it's a Cat 5 and it's $15.99.

I then said "but it's MUCH cheaper at the other store". He laughed and said "yeah, I know".

So I went into the ninety nine cents store, walked over to the back wall WHERE ALL THE ETHERNET, PHONE, AND COAXIAL cables are and I looked at all of the Ethernet cables.

Well, they are various lengths and there's a Trisonic 25 foot Cat 5 and there's a Trisonic 25 foot Cat 6.

They look EXACTLY the same.

so I left the store, marched back to my computer guy and told him what I had seen.

I said "what the heck is the difference between a Cat 6 and a Cat 5?

He said "the Cat 6 is a better cable".

I didn't buy anything yet because either one is $5.99 and I have time before I buy this item.

I am now going to go to Google and type in . "which is better, a Cat6 or a Cat5"

My goodness, the stuff I have to learn when I'm 63 years old.

I should be knitting for grandchildren at this age.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote