View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Earl, I made the mistake of falling in love with the display at an interior decorator store! Once they agreed to give me 50% off of everything (was currently 40% discounted) I went crazy.

So I ended up with a completely differently look this year with my fake tree. There are lots of flower "picks" that I just laid across the branches and left the pretty parts exposed. Some pomegranites that are cracked in half to expose the seeds. Fake pheasant feathers and grasses sticking out everywhere. Also some huge mottled orange blown glass oranaments. (You would like them, Earl! )

So instead of an angel or star, I've got these weird brown grasses and pheasant feathers sticking out of the top like a teepee's support poles.

It looked great in the store, but I'm a little disappointed now that its in my living room. *sigh* I spent too much money on it and don't know what to do. Thinking about donating it to the Parade of Trees next year so I can start fresh, lol!!!

BTW, I asked my 12yo grandson what he thought of my new tree. He pondered for a moment and said, "It looks like a Thanksgiving tree!" LOLOL!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-10-2010)