View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested

Hello All.

I don't know what I would do without my Bean.
: I would get weaker with my disability if I didn't have her, as she is like a little mini-exercise machine. I am always tinkering with her.

Bean is a 6.2 lb, one year-old, female, Hairy Hairless Palomino Chinese Crested. She's a "nut" and a fine companion. She was born at a kennel in Georgia, and the litter and mom and dad were all rescued by a breeder in Texas. The breeder in Texas was the previous owner of the Sire, and the way the breeder's do their deals, you know, is to revert them back to the original breeder if the new owner can't keep them. The breeder was going to ask $2,000 each for the pups, but I got Bean for $300 as a rescue. If anyone wants to see Bean's registry listing, just go to Google and type in: LeeLoo Love Me Bean. If the page doesn't pop up in the search, just add chinese crested to it. Then click on the Pedigree button to see her Family Tree. You can also see lots of beautiful Chinese Cresteds on this site.

I would like to talk to others that have Chinese Crested dogs, or may be thinking about buying or rescuing one. I don't sell them or anything, and I'm not advertising them. I am happy to answer any questions and also get advice. This breed is very different than other breeds in personality and special needs, and is not a breed for everyone. Bean has been quite a challenge with skin problems associated with the hairless gene mutation. I'm glad to say that she is doing great now, but unfortunately, my vet didn't realize that she was overdosing Bean - This breed is very sensitive to meds and vaccinations, and Bean had a terrible skin reaction to her shots.

Take care,

LaVerne
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-5-23-2010-3-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-3-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-11-13-2010-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-10-22-2010-jpg  
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote