View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 07:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tinnitus, Serotonin and other thoughts....

My tinnitus is out of hand for now, making me crazy. The cicadas are in rare form in my head. Anyways. I was reading about tinnitus and it says that serotonin levels can cause the tinnitus to worsen. It also states that tinnitus is a central nervous problem, which serotonin is a huge part of.

So, my first question, do you think that some of us are just predisposed to have neuropic problems? I have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I also remember learning to crochet and my hands always hurting, my mom just said it was because I didn't do it enough. But, was that nerves acting up even then?

In the central nervous system, serotonin is believed to play an important role in the regulation of body temperature, mood, sleep, vomiting, sexuality, and appetite. Low levels of serotonin have been associated with weight disorders, namely clinical depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, tinnitus, fibromyalgia, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorders.[citation needed] If neurons of the brainstem that make serotonin—serotonergic neurons—are abnormal, there is a risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in an infant.[1]Reading about serotonin makes more sense out of my life. Of course, having celiac disease, I had a vitamin and mineral deficiency, which I do not think has corrected itself, even after almost 6 years of gluten free. I was taking B complex vitamins, B12, and a multi vitamin and my sister told me I was just wasting the B vitamins, that my body doesn't retain them anyways. Is she right? Should I be taking B6 along with my 2400mcg of B12?

Will I ever figure this all out? I know you have to eat the right combinations of food for a good balance, yet I can't. I have too many intolerance's. So, what do I do? Any ideas?

I feel like I just go in circles. I have neuropathy because of vitamin deficiencies because of celiac's and because of celiac's I can't eat properly so I have vitamin deficiencies which make the neuropathy progress. Circles!!!

I need a
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote