Thread: OT: I'm worried
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 09:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Liz,
The E. Coli scare was the first thing we all thought of but it causes diarrhea and dehydration (neither of which she had). And if it hits weak , at risk individuals, it attacks and shuts down kidney function...not liver. I was so hoping that might be the cause because it's readily treatable.

They saw what appears to be a congenital malformation in the circulation to the liver on yesterday morning's ultrasound. So....I could have had a baby that needed a liver transplant if it were more pronounced. It just remains to be seen whether or not this is serious enough that we have that road to walk in the future. Many of the tests that were done will not give us answers till late next week.

Meanwhile, I have a very slow week with the exception of Wednesday when I have my dexa scan then have to go to Boston for a meeting so I can be on tap for child care.

Thank you all...from the bottom of my heart....for the prayers and emotional and verbal support you are sending our way. It is greatly appreciated. We don't feel so alone or helpless with this kind of ourpouring of concern.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote