View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had the same question regarding the issue of low sodium and drinking more water...basically was told she should eat more salt and drink more! Her hemoglobin and hematocrit were totally normal and they never checked her urine. The doctor kept saying she was dehydrated because her lips were so dry and her skin turgor was poor.
She's not on any antidepressants, her thyroid was normal, her follow up CT was normal. She is supposed to get another followup CT hopefully this coming week. Of course, with the holidays and all scheduling is problematical. Hopefully also to see a neurologist.
It is so heartbreaking to see what has happened. Despite her age, she was mentally pretty sharp until this fall. This feels like a nightmare. I keep thinking if she would only consent to some time in a rehab center but then I think that a strange environment would just make it harder for her to cope.

Thank you for the links. I checked out the NPH, the other will take a bit more reading. I wonder about post concussion syndrome? I hope tomorrow I'll have the time to look through the forums more. The days just seem so short right now...
SuzieQ50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote