View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anesthesia Dolorosa

In answer to some posts. I am new here. I started having Trigeminal Neuralgia pain when I was 52. I am now 60. I suffered and was on all kinds of medication. I was then set up for a Gamma Knife surgery. This worked for 18 months and then the pain returned. My neurosurgeon in all of his omnipotent wisdom determined that the best course of action was a microvascular decompression. He failed to mention, that since I had already had Gamma Knife, this might damage my nerve. Well it did. For three years now I have suffered with Anesthesia Dolorosa. I have been in pain management all of that time. The surgery left me deaf in my left ear, with immense tongue pain on the left side. I am fortunate that I have found a wonderfully compassionate and skilled pain managment doctor. I have recently gone through a trial of having a wire run along my lower jaw and attached to a control device that stimulates the nerve, thereby giving me relief. It is working so well that next Tuesday I will have the permanent implant put in my chest. I am detoxing from morphine and I find that I want to live again. I had given up and wished I would die. My suggestion to anybody with this, is to find a good pain managment doctor. If they don't help you, find another. And most of all; do not ever let another neurosurgeon PRACTICE on you. My best to all who suffer with this disease.
p.s. this device is made by St. Judes
Crandies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-11-2010)