View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Had a bad experience yesterday at work and ended up in the ER room again. During work i started feeling really overwhelmed mentally and emotionally and i almost starting crying when i was telling my boss what i was feeling. He let me go home, and when i got home i just totally felt drained and just need to close my eyes and sleep. This was about 1130 or midnight. I woke up at about 230 with a severe racing mind, all i could think about was my job and it became so intense that i could not disginguish between me at home lying in bed with me and work supervising my work area. The two got intertwined and i was unable to seperate them. i was trying everything in order to bring myself back down to reality but my mind would not let me focus on anything except for why i could not seperate work and home and why i was feeling this way. I believe i then became derealized becuase i felt as if i had been removed from my situtation. we headed over to the ER because nothing i was doing was helping me to calm down. when i got there my pulse was in the 90-100's and i am unsure of my blood pressure, i was cold and felt shakey and felt disconnected. after talking to the nurse she told me a storry about that used to happen to her when she first started working in the ER and it was a type of anxiety. within two min my pulse was back down to 70's and i started feelign better but still very tired. The ER doctor perscribed me Ativan but i have not taken it yet. Today i still feel drained and think i might be getting another cold. i still have lingering feelings of being disconnected from my enviorment and others. Is anyone familiar with Ativan? Am i still anxious without realizing it?
mavrick70004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote