View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile I'm sorry...more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting View Post
Sorry to here you have RDS in your right hand and arm. I have mine in the same area going on 4 years.
I deal with the pain other than the meds by using 2 really good heating pads at the same time. 1 for upper arm, and shoulder, the other around the wrist, hand. I bought mine at Walgreen's. Look for the type that will stay on for at lease an hour at a time. The cheaper ones will only run for 15 minutes and then shut down not allowing you to get the heat build up to do any good.
Next thing for pain I have a 55 gal. drum of icy/hot that I go through each week just kidding I go through a tube a week. But really icy/hot came help on the really bad evenings. I found heat to be my best friend when it comes to deep pain. I also have a wax tub for my hand that helps with circulation very well. It seams that heat gets the blood flowing.

I keep my mind busy by doing things and if its a bad day I read a good book or surf the internet. It can be hard in the beginning but you need to cope by finding ways to not think about this devil.
There are a lot of good folks here that can and will help you through this. Just jump in and get to know them. Some of the people here are in really bad shape and get through it well. These are the ones that will be the most to help you first.

Good Luck and hang in there. Smile it will be alright.
I apologize, but in my last response I forgot to ask if you are able to work. I have had to cut my hours drastically (and have a very unhappy boss). Also, have you noticed any traveling of your symptoms? I've noticed other people saying that their RSD has moved to other parts of their body. In your 4 years has yours pretty much remained in the right arm/hand area? I don't mean to pester you, but I am really happy to have found this site and to hear from people who can give me real knowledge that comes from experience. Thank you!
td723 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote