View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi M,
I had a right temporal lobectomy in 1994 my neurosurgeon removed 75% of my RTL and all of the right hippocampus. I had a scar on the RTL and sz. for so many yrs. that the sz. spread to the frontal lobe and over to the left side of my brain. The surgery reduced my sz. greatly, I used to have at least 300 sz. or more in a yr. the most I've had since surgery is 171 and that was do to great stress in my family.
I found that having the surgery made me much happier, I'm taking less AED's, and now the only time I have any sz. is when the hormones change. My Dr. told my the surgery wouldn' stop my sz. it would only reduce them so I knew ahead of time what was going to happen but I found it much better since the surgery and I know I've done everything I can. I also looked into a Deep Brain Stimulator but I found I would have to have surgery every 3-6 yrs. after they put the stimulator in me because they would have to replace the batteries and I didnt want to go through that the rest of my life. Here's wishing you and your father only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote