View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

David:

Don't know if you are aware, but over 20 years ago, medical marijuana was ALLOWED. There was a special on tv some time ago where a man was standing in Washington DC (with the capitol in the background) and he was holding up a bag of joints. He explained that he had a condition years ago and that he was in some kind of program that permitted him to use marijuana!!!

He held up the bag for the camera to see and said something like "See, I smoke this and they can't do a darn thing about it" But since they cancelled the bill (or whatever it's called when they stop allowing stuff like this to be used), you people out there who have pain and chronic conditions, well, you can't use this stuff.

He continued "BUT EVERY MONTH I GET THIS IN THE MAIL".

So there are indeed a few people (who from many years ago) are still getting the stuff but others, because it has now been deemed a criminal offense, can't get it. This is the most outrageous decision I have ever heard.

I mean, we are talking about adults here, not kids trying to get high.

I've heard Montel Williams say he smokes week because of his MS.

I mean, who the hell can blame anybody, especially if they have neuropathy, for wanting some relief.

I remember an old episode of Chicago Hope (with Mark Harmon) and there was this woman in bed in the end stages of cancer, and she asked the doctor to get her some marijuana and everybody was saying "oh, we can't do that it's against the law". It seemed that no pain meds were working for her.

I'll never forget the scene where (I believe it was Mark Harmon), who walks in and there she was smoking a bong, and she was inhaling it and she was smiling. He never told on her.

Someday, someone in congress will get some kind of chronic pain condition and then a lightbulb will go off in his head and then when he is approached by a lobbyist who says "Please pass this medical marijuana bill"?? do you really think this guy will have to think twice bout it???

HAH!!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote