View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIALOU View Post
I haven't been craving coconut oil lately- like I did when I first started using it a few weeks ago but a very comforting snack or part of breakfast is toast with coconut oil and cinnamon-sugar (or stevia or honey). Anti-inflammatory and reducing blood glucose and cholesterol and delicious.
P.S. On Dr. Oz yesterday, an ayurvedic doctor was on saying that topical use of coconut oil is commonly used daily in India and that curry powder spices (particularly turmuric) helps with reducing inflammation in the brain. She said that Indians have 4X less alzheimer's than western countries.
I can't stand to watch "Dr Oz" who talks with authority on every subject when his background is limited except how to make money. Did the show happen to mention that life expectancy in India is 65 years thus less likely to show up a comparable rate of folks developing Alzheimers in countries like the USA (78) or Japan (81)?
Sometimes we desperatly grasp at straws - me included, without looking at the whole picture.

TG
tulip girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (12-11-2010)