Thread: Knees
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My problem seems more like weakness in my thigh muscles, although at times my knees do tend to get a bit weaker.

I find walking isn't always as much of a problem as standing in place, or climbing stairs. If my legs begin to fatigue I also experience some mild to moderate foot drop, my right leg tends to tire quicker than the left, so I have to overcompensate and lift the right leg higher, not exactly an attractive walk!

Getting up from chairs or the sofa is also difficult, I need to use the arms of the chair to help raise myself up. If there are no arms on the chair or sofa, then I rely on a 'hand up' from a friend!

When my legs start to act up we call them 'spaghetti legs' jello legs didn't seem right being italian american! I also waddle like a penguin the first thing in the morning while I wait for my Mestinon to kick in.

I haven't been able to do much dancing, my niece but on some music the other day, we used to dance around like fools, I almost fell on my @$$.

Busy, don't overdo it, rest in between songs, have a great time!

Rachel