View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi CZ,
I'm 14 years into RSD,now generalized or full body. I had been having on a regular basis, the electric jolts, shocks, jerks go thru my body and brain. It would be while sound asleep or going to sleep or relaxing in front of TV. My neurologist put me up to 3200 mg. neurotin to get them under control.
One morning, when I woke up and got up, I started stumbling-ran in the wall, door, and got to bathroom and passed out. I remember hitting the floor. My husband was upstairs-when I woke up I couldn't get up, but army crawled to door and banged on it. He said I'd been out an hour to hour and half. lost bladder and colon. He got a robe on me before the paramedics got there. One couldn't find a pulse, I was going in and out. said he thought I was dead. Tried the other side and blood pressure was 60/40. Spent 4 days in semi ICU. Lots of tests RSD . My neurologist said you usually have more. A friend of mine has had 4. I haven't had any more. And I just went off the neurotin january this year. I hated the way it made me feel and the weight gain. Lost 30 lbs and now working on my last 30. It wasn't a gran mal seizure.
I haven't had any more spells.--well a couple small spasms.
Hope this has helped. Take care, loretta
Loretta, I am 4 - 5 years into RSD. I spent the ENTIRE summer of 2009 in a hospital due to "seizures & fainting". I would get shock feelings in my face, lips, brain and arms down my hands and then seize. My husband took me to the ER. They did ALL kinds of tests and even an EEG (which showed nothing). My doctor said that it was in my head due to my pain. I was diagnosed with Conversion Disorder (a mental disorder) by my PCP. They sent me to a therapist (which in the long run has been a good thing). My therapist, to this day, has not agreed with the diagnosis of Conversion Disorder. I have always wondered if these "seizures" were complications of RSD. I am so greatful to hear that I am not alone and NOT crazy!!! And at the same time, so very sorry to hear that others have to go thru the same thing.

My docs did put me on 2 different types of seizure meds that stopped the "seizures". I am planning on talking to the Dr's at Mayo Clinic when I go on the 28th. Thank you ALL for this info I can not tell you how much peace you have given me!!!

May God Bless you with Peace and Pain free sleep

Renee'
renhenne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote