View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello

Hi InHisHands,
When I was first diagnosed with RSD my PT recommended that I use play-doh for my hands. It was a great exercise and I found it to be relaxing. Another exercise I did was bounced a ball that too was a great exercise. Before developing RSD I use to do ballet,jazz and tap,but after having RSD and with my shoulders subluxing (not from the RSD) I took Jazz lessons that was a good exercise. In the beginning when I went back to taking Jazz my arms use to catch on fire felt so hot,but my doctor told me that was good so keep doing the exercise. I always have to be extra careful with my shoulders because they sublux if I go over head or out to the side. I use to totally enjoy taking jazz lessons. My doctor has recommended that I take Tai Chi classes to help with my RSD and it has been great. I took a class at the county college one night a week for eight weeks it was really good. He said you should get an instructor to show you how to do Tai Chi becaue you can hurt yourself if your not showed the moves correctly. Take Care

Laraine
LMJunior is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote