View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What good are Neurologist for TN?

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or not. I have been seeing the same Neuro guy for five years. When I went to him the first time I asked him if he was familiar with Trigeminal Neuralgia. He assured me he was. I was already diagnosed and already on Tegretol and Lyrica, so all he has done for me is continue to write the precriptions. I was having break through pain about 3 years ago. My Neuro guy was out of town, so my primary care guy gave me a prepcription for Vicodin and it helped between doses of my Tegretol and Lyrica. He continued to give it to me until recently. He said my Neurologist should be giving it to me. So I went to see Neuro Guy and he said No. He wanted me to have surgery instead. I refused to do that (I am 70 years old and not in real good health). I made an appointment yesterday. He told me he could not help me because Trigeminal Neuralgia is a Chronic pain. I said why did you take me as a patient. I told him I was not going through the holidays in pain. He once again said he was not going to give me any pain meds. We were at a stalemate for about half an hour, neither was willing to give in. I told him I was going to turn him in to Medicare for fraud.
He grabbed his prescrition pad and wrote me a a script for Vicodin.
I admitted to him that I get mean when I have pain for so long.
When I left he said "I want to see you again in 3 months" I said "For what?, you have admitted you can't do anything for me". So we left it that way. I made an appointment with a Pain Management Clinic in the next town, and they promised on the phone that they had no problem giving me pain meds if I thought it helped. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.
macy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-12-2010)