View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question Swallowing Issues?

Does anyone have difficulty swallowing? I haven't had a bad problem but recently I've noticed that sometimes I get "stuck" when trying to swallow. It can be just normal swallowing that you do when you aren't eating or drinking anything.....or it can be while eating or drinking.

It's like it just stops mid-swallow....and I can't continue. This doesn't happen every time or even everyday. But I have noticed it. And sometimes when I'm eating and it decides to do this it almost chokes me.....or it feels like the food or drink is going down the wrong way.

As a result I've started eating much slower.....and taking much smaller bites. Which, in itself, isn't a bad thing. I have no reason to rush through my food. But I've just started eating very slowly and taking smaller bites so alleviate the possibility of choking.

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this. I haven't heard much about this topic.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-11-2010), Debbie D (12-13-2010), Dejibo (12-12-2010), dmplaura (12-11-2010), kicker (12-11-2010), NurseNancy (12-12-2010), SallyC (12-11-2010)