View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keukapennie View Post
I was just thinking when I read your post how much I hate having repair men in my house and will go to all costs to not have them come in. One of the times my computer went out I discovered it was the phone jack. My male dog probably used it and I did not know it, and it burned out. yeah, dog's wetting on cords is never a good thing. Hopefully it is something outside like mentioned before. Mine is supposed to be high speed, lol, yep, high speed dial up.
Okay, here is what happened today. I moved everything to the living room. Hooked up the cordless phone and the answering machine and did the splitter thing in the wall jack.

Everything worked just great for 30 minutes. Then the stupid green dsl light started blinking like crazy and no more connection.

So I said 'what if I can't use a cordless phone with the dsl modem? So I took out the cordless phone and put in a landline phone. (I have to have a phone by the computer, I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ONE, and never had a problem)

Well, everything worked fine, Alan used this computer for 4 hours, I sit down, I do an email, the connection is lost and I go "uh oh, I bet the dsl light on the modem is blinking again". I walk way over to the modem, and sure enough, it's blinking.

So how can a modem be fine for 4 hours, everything works fine, and bam, I sit down, I do fine for 5 minutes and then I lose the connection yet again.

So I re-set the modem, it came back on, and now it's working fine again, and I'm doing this post.

If anyone knows what I should next, I'd appreciate it.

I'm calling Verizon tomorrow and all they will do is check my line, pronounce it just fine, and if I ask, they'll probably send the guy out again.

He never found anything wrong, but then again, he never found any outside box that any of my phone wires connect to.

He never went up any pole either. He said "your signal is just fine".

So what happens next? How come after 4 hours, I lose the connection?

Thanks much
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote