View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Have some patience

Hello Amy, I,ve had ten neck surgeries in all. There was a period in my life, where I lost all mobility and had the very special opportunity to live in a halo w/vest. I was in the hospital for three months, before the nurses helped me sit up. From there I went to a Rehabilitation Hospital. It took about six months for me to lose all mobility and it has taken about three years to get some what back to normal. I remember learning how to walk all over again. To this day, I'm still considered disabled. Like someone said, in an earlier post, an inch a month. I'm very lucky to be typing to you right now. It's taken well over 45mins., just to write this post. To this day, the man who saved my mobility, My Neurosurgeon, will yell over the lobby w/15 people sitting there, Hello Mrs. ----, you are lucky you are walking. It's been a long hard struggle, especially, when I lost my pain pump, just recently. I've been on oral pain meds for well over ten years, almost lost a kidney, due to acetiminophen. When you end up w/C-spine problems, sometimes it's best to put your collar back on and go to bed. Hugs, WTR Nymph
WTR Nymph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote