Thread: symptoms ?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=athena;724853]I am not diagnosed with anything yet, other than paraneoplastic vasculitis. The autoimmune vasculitis was found on muscle biopsy and seems most consistent with a paraneoplastic process. The paraneoplastic part has not been confirmed or ruled out. It's been a really long process getting testing approved, etc. But I digress.

I had a NCV and EMG test done, the NCV results showed damage to my sensory and motor nerves with demylinating and axonal features involved. There was slowing of ncv of my left peroneal nerve (my right peroneal had no response) there is slow ncv of my left and right sural nerves, and my left tibial nerve has prolonged responses. All my F-waves are prolonged with the right peroneal having no response. I also have absent DTR's (reflexes of both ankles). My EMG was normal. He did a blood workup for diabetes, hypothyroid, folate, B12, paraprotiens, he ran a sedemation rate to check for inflammation, ect. All my lab work came back normal. The neuropathy is affecting both of my legs. I do have weakness along with the numbness and odd sensations. For right now he has me listed as idiopathic, which mean of unknown cause. I had the test done in July, he is probably going to do another NCV in February to check for any improvement or progression. NCV shows only large nerve fiber involvment. If its small fiber they have to do a skin biopsy.

Last edited by lynn01; 12-12-2010 at 09:37 AM.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
athena (12-12-2010)