View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

TD723

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The wax tub is made from Homedica it uses 6 pounds of paraffin wax. I bought mine off of e bay. On the top of their home page just type in paraffin wax spa than hit search it should bring you to the area listing 100's of these. There are several brands I choose this one because it was the largest one and best known. The size is 8" tall by 8.5" X 14'. When buying new it comes with 6 pounds of wax, bags ect. Take your time and you can fine a really great deal on one. It took me 4-5 months before I bought mine for less than $50.00 new. On really bad days when my fingers and wrist are acting up this works well in re leaving some of the deep pain. This time of the year is when I use it most.

Working. I had to stop 6 months after my first surgery in March 2007. The pain just kept getting worst and traveling from my hand wrist area to my elbow. 20 months after the first surgery I found out why I had this burning numbing pain from the elbow down into my hand an fingers. The first Dr. in 2007 doing joint replacement to the base on my right thumb had severed my radial nerve in my wrist. The first attempt to repair the nerve did not work so in Dec 2009 I had a new Dr. try to fix the nerve problem and she redid the joint and found that I had carpel tunnel. Now my CRPS type II has taken over my entire right arm upper back, shoulder, neck and has now moved down into my right hip, and upper leg.

I use to own to 2 businesses that I had to close. One after 36 years the other 12 years. I could no longer perform my daily duties. The worst problem was from the side effects from all the meds. Air head, could not stay awake when talking to someone after 5 minutes. Kept forgetting things all the time. I could not sell the businesses because I was the business. Without me no one wanting to do business with my help. I went from making a lot of money to nothing.

I cannot drive very far more then 20 miles before I fall asleep or for get where I was going and end up lost.

I am working on something that I can work a hour or 2 a day and let everyone else do all the rest. This is the hardest part in dealing with this crps.

I read a lot to keep my mind working all the time and help business owners with their problems.

As long as I stay out of the cold and do very little with my right arm the pain is fine. Vibration from sounds, driving, riding in a vehicle, lots of movement with my right arm, hand, a/c in buildings, cold water, cold air, sets my right side into high pain for days at a time.

Everyone is different that what increases my pain my not affect your pain at all. Fine what sets your pain off and that work around it. Once you do that then keep your mine busy doing things you like and don't think about the RSD.

Don't let it run your life the more you think about it the worst it will be for you and your family. You control it as much as possible and you will feel better. Also PM Drs. will do as little as possible in helping you the right way. They want to treat you the most expensive way they can. Don't get me wrong their are a few good PM Drs. out there but very few. If you find that you are talking to a wall it is time to change Drs. I when looking for a new Dr. because after telling my old PM Dr. about the pain in my upper arm for 6 months with no new type of treatment for this pain I new it was time to change.

The first new PM Dr. I went to never asked me about me all I heard was how good he was and that he did more SCS implants then any other Dr. in a 10 state area. I went to this Dr. twice and he change my pain meds. to nothing leaving me in more pain from his treatment than when I first saw him. All I heard was how good he was and to do a SCS try out takes him only 15 minutes to do. He also told me that CRPS/ RSD does not spread. On my 2nd. visit he wanted to do a block I told him that I was by myself and would be driving myself home. He said no problem he does blocks different so I would be able to drive myself. I said no thanks I have had 10 blocks and I always needed a driver after. Needless to say this Dr. was out for money and could care less about me.

I found a good PM Dr. after going to 5 other Dr. after the first new one. This Dr. listen to me and we work from there on my treatment. You have to be part of your treatment and have a say so.

I have talked too much. I hope some of my information helps you. Good luck.
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
td723 (12-14-2010)