View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well here's my two cents on the subject of neurologists: They aren't woth a #%&$!!!!! I just finished reading an article in Newsweek about epilepsy and the Dr. they were interviewing said when he was in school he entertained the idea of becoming a neurologist but that it is widely considered in the medical community that neurologists are doctors who don't do anything. Food for thought. I have seen so many neurologists that I have lost count and not one of them were any help. I was told by them that there was nothing more they could do for me that my primary wasn't doing. I have even seen a few who didn't know much about TN either. That amazes me because it is supposed to be a disease in their field. If I were you I would definitely pursue going to pain management. They will help you with pain meds but don't expect much more unless you get really lucky and get a doctor who wants to help. My pain management doctor doesn't even see me after my initial visit. I just have to go in once a month and wait a couple of hours to get my prescriptons. I wish the best of luck to you and keep us posted about your appt. I hope it goes well
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-12-2010)