View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
I would guess (with no evidence to back me up but logical thinking) that any rep who claims 98% approval is not telling the truth. A firm with a low approval rate may be the one who is willing to take on ANY claim and try to make a case without much evidence. A claim with a higher rate of approvals may only be taking on 'easy' claims. Hard to really tell.
Well I personally have won the 2 cases I did at the appeal level, and I'm only a paralegal. So I have a 100% winning rate. If it was such a failure then why would SS continue to have this costly process of appeal and continue to fool the public into thinking they could win ? I think if there was no way to win then, attorneys would be hesitant to take cases, at this stage, because if they lose they don't get paid, and writing a brief is not a 20 minute job it takes hours. You have to gather case law, statutes, medical evidence, and expert opinions. IMO a logical way of thinking is case by case. If the case was so easy they would win at the reconsideration level or ALJ level. The Appeals Council is a very complicated stage. I haven't found anything submitted by the SS agency saying that your chances of winning are low, especially as low as 2%. I have read that millions are on SSI and SSDI so that is a lot of people who won somehow. Anyone on here who is at the AC level don't think your chances are low, if you have a good case and a experienced attorney your chances are excellent.