View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SnooZQ

Thank you for a very informative post.

FYI, there is an excellent alternative to chlorine/bromine for sanitizing pools - hydrogen peroxide. I think it is more expensive though, and not many people use it.

Trying to tie fluoride poisoning in to fibromyalgia is much more complicated than I had supposed. I still think fluoride poisoning is likely the direct cause or a necessary contributing factor to the development of most cases of fibromyalgia.

Here is an excellent site that discusses many aspects of fluoride poisoning. The first url discusses the symptoms of chronic fluoride poisoning. The second url is an interesting story about one person's experience with fluoride poisoning:

http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/symptoms.htm
http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/000017.htm

As you suffer from gluten intolerance, I would draw your attention to the following statement from the link on fluoride poisoning symptoms:

"Fluoride is known to combine with HCl of the stomach and is converted to hydrofluoric acid. Hydrofluoric acid is highly corrosive. The stomach and intestinal lining (Mucosa) is destroyed with loss of microvilli (the structure which is responsible for absorbing the nutrients from food), drying up and cracking of the cell surface and mucus (the slimy substance required for comfortable bowl movements) production is hampered."

Could it be hydrofluoric acid which causes the gastrointestinal distress when for instance, children consume too much fluoridated toothpaste?

Could hydrofluoric acid be involved in gluten intolerance - in triggering gluten intolerance; in perpetuating gluten intolerance?

Could hydrofluoric acid be involved in acid reflux? If hydrogen fluoride (a gas) is also being produced, this could account for esophageal burning and larynx/vocal cord irritation even without liquid reflux. It is conceivable that if hydrogen fluoride is being produced, it could even affect the lungs (there is a significant correlation between acid reflux and asthma).

Last edited by wasabi; 02-27-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: add reference to hydrogen fluoride
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote