View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Guess I was murky in how I explained the medication reaction. I didnt mean just garden variety reactions. There are certain medications that increase the symptoms of myasthenia gravis and some even have that in the drug the warning like cipro. I have read this is taken as a valid history point by more thororugh docs who can take the time and do take history as a seroius measure of a diagnosis. This is a general note tho I have seen more specific on meds. Maybe a better word is features a doctor could look for that wouldnt exist in a healthy person or someone with another disease.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mya...SECTION=causes

I am trying to help my pulmo and myself. I'll grasp at straws if that is what it takes. It was me asking my pulmo by letter to do a mestinon challenge during my normal pulmonary function lab tests. He did it and thankfully it happened when it did as I has seen the 2nd neuro about autonomic dysfuntion and he unfortuntely got licks in on the muscle subject and put some other blows in the report making it blaming me for some of my symptoms. But thanks to the very real results of that challenge my pulmy is squarely on my side. But he can only suggest that other things get done that neuros have to order. He got the neuro to order the biopsy but honestly if it comes back negative at this place which can happen even if you have MG I could be in worse shape. Biopsies have such a need for the right person doing them and the right person reading tthe biopsy. I could do it when it was first ordered because as usual my young neuro has no clue how dis abled I am. I told her I had to get more help at home for recovery period esp since I live on the second floor. Getting that aid in place took over a year from the dept of human services. Unfortuntely she didnt document that I was waiting for this help so my other docs thought that I was avoiding the test.

So are you saying you feel a biopsy can show MG? It sounded like you didnt think so. And of course you are right about a good doc. But the university is tainted by the exsisting records and my doc and peds doc that saw me recently are the only muscle neuros. The local neuro office knows I was seen at university and wouldnt do a true fresh look as we have discussed. They wanted to know what thhey said and a copy of the records. I declined and said I wanted a fresh look causing the office to say I would not bee seen again until that happened. Traveling to Kansas or another good place when I am on disability only is not gonna happen soon. So I spend alot of time trying not to end up in the hosp.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote