View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
That there are many people who have been approved for SSDI and SSI says NOTHING about what percentage of them were approved at the AC level. The question "If it was such a failure then why would SS continue to have this costly process of appeal and continue to fool the public into thinking they could win ? " brings the obvious counterpoint.....If there was such a rate of success why would SS continue the costly process of appeals instead of just approving people at the ALJ level ?

I think telling people their chances at the AC level are excellent when you don't know that to be true is cruel. If you have a good case and an experienced attorney, you SHOULD have been approved before the AC level.

Getting approved is about having a good case AND having strong medical documentation that PROVES your case. An experienced attorney should also help. My situation was the same, but a new neurologist provided better documentation for my ALJ appearance than my physiatrist did on my application and reconsideration. I also had to submit more documentaion. I was careful to better describe my 'usual' day and how my disbilities affect me.

I urge anyone working on an AC appeal to review all of their documention to make sure it shows a clear clinical picture of their functional ability. It's not about a list of diagnoses.....it's about explaining why the medical or mental impairments you have prevent you from being able to do SGA.

Thinking you are a 'sure thing' with a 98% approval rate can get your hopes up only to have them dashed. Just don't let thinking it's 'too difficult' stop you from trying to get the benefits you deserve.
Excellent advice!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself!
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (12-16-2010)