View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Alex,

It's not unusual for a newly filled tooth to be sensitive to cold temperature for several weeks or so. If the tooth is sensitive to hot temperature and/or is aching every day for no reason, then there could be something going on with the nerve. An xray may be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

If the xray shows up clear and the filling/bite has been adjusted so all of your back teeth are hitting at the same time.... then redoing the filling may be helpful.

If it ends up that there is a problem with the tooth, then ask the dentist what your replacement options would be if you chose to remove the tooth rather than do a root canal in it. It's always best to be well informed prior to making a decision.

Hope this info helps... let us know how you're doing!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Does anyone know how long a tooth can hurt after you get a filling? I had a cavity filled 2 months ago and the tooth still hurts. The dentist told me the cavity was close to the nerve and it could be sensitive for awhile. The tooth has been aching everyday since I got the filling and is sensitive to temperatures. I went back to the dentist a few weeks ago and he took some of the filling off in case it was making my bite off and he said the filling looked okay, but he didn’t take an x-ray. I am worried I am headed for a root canal. Advise anyone?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote