View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help! Thoracic herniation T8

Hello everyone,
I am here looking for help.
I am a 42yr old female with 2 herniated cervical disk & a T8. I also have 9 nerve root cysts that are cervical & thoracic.
I have had pain mid back for 2 years-right hand weakness, neck pain.
Since last November I have experienced steadily increasing pain mid back , constant pain across my chest & under my right arm, horrible abdominal pain that feels like needles vs knives depending on how I bend - always there. There is also band of numbness that runs across my mid abdomen & my bowel/bladder is becoming effected. My legs have become so weak I can not walk longer then 2 minutes on my treadmill- then they start to shake or buckle under me.

I have been to Mayo (no doctor here in Iowa City would mess with me) Mayo told me they wouldn't operate on my thoracic until I lost complete control of bowel/bladder. They said it wasn't possible my neurological symptoms were a result of the cysts or my T8 (that is severe with signal changes & cord compression) However I asked the doctor how many thoracic repairs he had done & he told me none. I am an RN & I have seen doctors blow smoke up people's arses to blow them off... I was getting the smoke treatment.

I have 2 boys ages 4 & 5. I am in so much pain I feel like they would be much better off without me at this point. I am finding it hard to find a reason to keep going. Nothing helps the pain other then laying on a hard surface with my legs up & arms over my head. It calms down after about an hour in that position. I now sleep on my floor in that way.

I have been ruled out for EVERY possible medical condition known to man. I have had my appendix removed, hoses up my butt, down my throat, down my nose, scanners in my va-gay-gay, I have swallowed barium, had it shot in my exit only....trust me...I am in perfect health, but they will keep looking because NO ONE WILL TELL ME IT"S THAT DISK.

I am praying someone on here can point me in a direction for help. I called Cleveland clinic. They offered me an appointment in March. I don't know if I can make it another week....March? I just cried when she told me.
We have great insurance & can go anywhere, but it is hard with the boys. I have had to drive alone to Mayo - 9 hours round trip. My right leg goes completely dead after 30 minutes of sitting & I have to drive with my left foot. The pain gets much worse when I sit, so I cried all the way home after learning nothing.

Any ideas? Anyone living with constant pain so bad they want to give up?

Thanks everyone
Sarah
growing2boys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote