View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Yes Shaylun perfect sense. I feel I was just where you are at a couple times. I started out strong and clear but as the tests came back negative and it became clear that my clear symtpms and mestinon use made no case for them things changed. They did where me down. I thought maybe one more neuro will be the one. That sure hasnt been the case. Or the pulmo who got so scared about my health after I did the pulm stress test resulting in him getting me right in to Mayo.

Much of the time I DO know that "I know my body." You are the expert in your body. I hope you can hold on to that nomatter what.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalynn View Post
I will get back to respond to some of your other replies. I want to tell everyone though how much it means to me that you have all responded to me with so much compassion and caring.

An update on the Mestinon: I caved this morning and took 30 mg. I noticed that my arms were really weak and burning when I was holding the newspaper up to read. I also had a revelation that sort of put this in perspective for me. I'm not sure I can explain, but I'll try.

OK, since I've been on the Mestinon (somewhere around 6 weeks I think), I haven't had that pure exhaustion or the feeling that I can't talk or breath. I have been able to do more than I was able to in the past.

I think the doctor just messed with my mind. He made me doubt myself as to whether I'm really sick. I know that I am. I can go back and read my blog and see and remember how bad I was in the past.

I don't want to take the chance of not being able to breath just to prove a point to this neuro who probably doesn't care anyway.

I hope I've made some sense. It was a long night here.

Thanks again.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shalynn (12-14-2010)