View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default HELP!! 11 yr old daughter with PCS for 7 weeks ~ mood swings & Rage

Hello everyone!! My 11 yr old daughter has been suffering from PCS for almost 7 weeks from falling off a bike without a helmet at her friends house... Horrific migraines, nasseau and vomitting for 1 week straight vomitting, now just when it gets super intense, confusion at times, blurry and at migraines peak double vision. she has been hospitalized 2 different times at the Children's Hospital in St. Pete. Each time for 5-7 days, and then again in Tampa Children's hospital for 4 days. She has done the mag sulfate iv, steroids iv, depakone iv, torodol iv, topomax, ultram, and phenrgan. mood stablizers, prozac etc...... she is finally getting some relief from th constant intense migraines!! She still gets them but just not 3-6 times everysingle day. now its about 1 maybe 2 times a day.
Well last week after 3 days of being on a whole new slew of meds including a few I wasnt thrilled with and had already put a call into our psychiatrist (she is also ADHD) to ask what he thought about them. But before I got the chance to speak to him my daughter went into a MAJOR VIOLENT RAGE AND THEN WANTED TO KILL HERSELF. it was so bad that she had to be baker acted!!!
She is home now, and the psychs all think that the benzos thy had her on must have triggerd it. Sh doesnt remember anything at all about it!! She woke up at the hosp. crying and scared, yet she was awake when w got there she even gave her statement to the dr and police then passed out. She wasnt given any medication. We are just going to be able to get her MRI tomorrow (b/c she had her braces on and was too sick to even go get it done) to rule out any possible damage etc... now this is a REALLY GOOD GIRL who is in honor classes doesnt get in trouble has tons of friends etc....so that behavior is VERY out of the norm for her....
Has anyone else had issues with any of this including the uncontrollable rage and then amnesia after it???
so worried!!!!!
3sillygirls is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote