View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi:

Unfortunately, this past week included Valentine's Day. I never really liked Valentine's day. When I was in elementary school, the nuns would set aside much of that day for the exchange of Valentine Cards. This was accompanied by a flurry of activity as cards were exchanged, opened, shared, commented upon etc. My desk saw very little activity. Oh, I got cards but they were the kind passed out at gas stations or Super Markets and addressed to DEAR OCCUPANT, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. SMOKE CAMELS. Not the kind of card you'd want to flash about. My mother must have known; she never asked to see my haul of Valentine's cards.

Other then that, the week went well. It was cold but I'm a cheese head from Wisconsin (though I live in New York now). I am in the process of down sizing and preparing for the move to Maine later this year. The biggest (really heaviest) items I have to get rid of are books. The local book dealer has hauled off two loads and I am preparing to pass on my technical library to younger colleagues.

We live in exciting times; PD, moving, downsizing, etc.

A saving grace? My little grandson, Nicholas, who is pictured taking a bath. Unfortunately, he pooped in the tub shortly after this picture was taken. Little boys do things like that.

All the best

Lloyd
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Check-In Feb 18-24 2007 Welcome New Community Members-nicholasbath-jpeg  
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote