View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by growing2boys View Post
Hello everyone,
I am here looking for help.
I am a 42yr old female with 2 herniated cervical disk & a T8. I also have 9 nerve root cysts that are cervical & thoracic.
I have had pain mid back for 2 years-right hand weakness, neck pain.
Since last November I have experienced steadily increasing pain mid back , constant pain across my chest & under my right arm, horrible abdominal pain that feels like needles vs knives depending on how I bend - always there. There is also band of numbness that runs across my mid abdomen & my bowel/bladder is becoming effected. My legs have become so weak I can not walk longer then 2 minutes on my treadmill- then they start to shake or buckle under me.

I have been to Mayo (no doctor here in Iowa City would mess with me) Mayo told me they wouldn't operate on my thoracic until I lost complete control of bowel/bladder. They said it wasn't possible my neurological symptoms were a result of the cysts or my T8 (that is severe with signal changes & cord compression) However I asked the doctor how many thoracic repairs he had done & he told me none. I am an RN & I have seen doctors blow smoke up people's arses to blow them off... I was getting the smoke treatment.

I have 2 boys ages 4 & 5. I am in so much pain I feel like they would be much better off without me at this point. I am finding it hard to find a reason to keep going. Nothing helps the pain other then laying on a hard surface with my legs up & arms over my head. It calms down after about an hour in that position. I now sleep on my floor in that way.

I have been ruled out for EVERY possible medical condition known to man. I have had my appendix removed, hoses up my butt, down my throat, down my nose, scanners in my va-gay-gay, I have swallowed barium, had it shot in my exit only....trust me...I am in perfect health, but they will keep looking because NO ONE WILL TELL ME IT"S THAT DISK.

I am praying someone on here can point me in a direction for help. I called Cleveland clinic. They offered me an appointment in March. I don't know if I can make it another week....March? I just cried when she told me.
We have great insurance & can go anywhere, but it is hard with the boys. I have had to drive alone to Mayo - 9 hours round trip. My right leg goes completely dead after 30 minutes of sitting & I have to drive with my left foot. The pain gets much worse when I sit, so I cried all the way home after learning nothing.

Any ideas? Anyone living with constant pain so bad they want to give up?

Thanks everyone
Sarah
I also have problems with my T spine here is what my mri said at the T7-8 I have more all the down to T12
A very minimal conave deformity of the inderior endplate of T7 which ia chronic and benign. There are disc degenerative changes noted at T7-T8 where there is loss of disc space height and disc desiccation observed. Disc degenerative changes anteriorly at T8-T9 with marrow endplate changes are notedas well.A posterior desiccated disc extrusion centrally is noted at T7-T8 with mild dural sac compression and no direct cord impingement. a small left paracentral extrusion is present at T10-T11 without cord impingement. At T11-T12 a right paracentral extrusion is noted. This desiccated extrusion extend slightly above the disc space measuring 2 to 3 mm in size with mild right dural sac compression and mild anterior right cord flattening without canal stenosis

I have found a dr in Indiana that is good he has helped me when no one else could here is his web site http://apmsurgery.com/
I have also found that soma,water pt and heat help
rfei57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote