View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusy View Post
MG symptoms are tough things to explain to someone. I was blessed to have a neuro who really cared. Growing up, my father taught us to respect others' opinions, and you did not rebuke them. Even though I disagreed with many, I have a hard time voicing my opinion to them. I always feel guilty once it comes out of my mouth, so I don't say anything. I have had doctors that were very, very ugly. I just moved on. When my neuro ran tests to see why I was falling, he finally told me he wanted to try me on Mestinon. He had mentioned the SFEMG, and I would laugh and say that really hurts. But the last visit when he was talking to me, I asked him if I was someone he loved very much and was having some issues, what would he do. He recommended the SFEMG. So I agreed even though I did not want to experience the pain of the test; and yes, it hurt. I laughed when I told him that if I go through that again, he is going with me. When he asked me my opinion, I always say, what would you do or what do you think. I respect this person and I guess I have faith in him that he is going to look after me. That makes a world of difference. I also go in smiling even though I don't feel like it, and usually leave laughing. That's just me. I laugh when I am stressed. I can say he has done everything he knows to help me without shunning me off and without me having to make suggestions. This is the first time in years that I have finally gotten relief and knowing the enemy that I am fighting. My road has been long and hard. There is someone out there, it just takes time, a lot of tears, and a lot of frustration, but I am a believer that all will find the right one. I would like to say Merry Christmas to all who support this forum and the encouragement each one has for one another. busybusy
Thanks so much for your reply. Your neuro sounds like a wonderful doctor. You know, I asked my PCP something similar, I asked him if his wife was having all of my symptoms would he want her on Mestinon? He said absolutely. He is a very caring doctor.

My neuro up in Indy is a good doctor too. I'm just going to stick with her. I guess I was getting too greedy to think I could find a neuro here in my home town that would help me.

So was your SFEMG positive?

Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks again.
shalynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote