Thread: Arnica Montana
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Arnica is great, but homeopathy does not have an anelgesic (pain killer).

Homeopathy is great for any type of injury since it triggers the body's own healing mechanism. This would be useful for after surgery or from an injury. It would not be taken for long period of times like you would use Advil or other anti-inflammatories.

Homeopathy uses substances that in their crude form can be toxic; but homeopathy never uses the crude form of any substance but a highly diluted mixture of that substance. Homeopathic remedies are not toxic. They are safe for even new born babies.

Cellebrex is for arthritis. DLPA is great for RA because it helps with both the pain of RA and the inflammation of RA. DLPA is phenlylalanine, an amino acid.

Licorice can make you feel wide awake; it can prevent the breakdown of cortisol. I will be up for 48 hours if I take any licorice except the DGL kind for ulcers. People with high bp should not use licorice as it may cause problems with blood pressure. DLPA can help with weight loss. It can have the effect of controlling appetite. DLPA can also help with depression. But using amino acids does require some knowlege, so this is something you might talk to your doctor about in your next appointment. But it might be useful to try first.

For problems with low blood sugar I recommend that you take enough zinc and magensium. I used to have low blood sugar. I could not eat a bag of pretzels becauase that all carb snack would make my blood sugar lower a short while after eating. I don't have this problem anymore. I do have a zinc dependency that is corrected. I also take magnesium. Most people will tell you that magnesium and zinc are the two most important nutrients for problem with blood sugar.

How do you know if you are taking enough zinc? Use Zinc Status on a regular basis. Zinc Status tells you immediately if you have a zinc deficiency. This product is great to have to check and recheck your zinc levels to know what is the best dose for you. The magnesium is usually the dose that causes lose stools.

SAMe is hard to say. You might try some and see if it helps you. If it does then this is usually a good indication that you have high histamine levels. Most people who respond positively to SAMe are usually histadelics. So SAMe is really a trial and error thing. SAMe can help histadelics with joint pain.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote