Thread: No kidding?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default and... so reverett, add me to your list, there must be thousands of us like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
After realizing that I had ALOT of anxiety that no dr would ever take seriously here in florida, it was gratifying to finally hear from cleveland clinic that it was very common for folks with PD to have it. too bad i had to go to ohio to find that out . I had dbs on nov 2 and look foward to hopefully regaining some of who i was before "the bear" got me. During this past month i was thinking back to my childhood. There is no way that I would have not become anxious. I was mostly terrified trying to cope with such dysfunction surrounding me. This is what happened to me. I believe that the unrelenting stress actually did change my brain. it started to almost continually produce those harmful chemicals like cortisol in very large amounts. so i stayed "wired" and vigilant, never having anything the same, two days in a row. As a child, there was nobody to turn to, so i tried to "figure it out". I became stoic, refused to have any feelings, i guess because if i could control myself, then I would not feel the anxiety.
Flash foward 40+ years... Now I work as hard as i can to keep everything in some kind of order. i am so "good" it's sickening. i was a woman who could 'handle it all" haha. What a toll to my poor body. That's where my PD came from. The post above mentioned "panic disorder" interesting that the psychologist in ohio described me as possibly having that. It truly amazes me that my entire life I never knew how anxious I really am and have been. this is not a recent change pre parkinson's, unless it's pre parkinson's by 48 years. thanks for listening. if anyone knows how I can save this somewhere on my computer, please tell me, i am technically challenged.
thankyou for continuing to be there as i ramble on... Be encouraged! FG
this is, for sure, my real "pd personality" i never really identified with the type A theory, since i was always sooooo calm. sure.
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote