View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The cardiologist did do a 24 hour holter monitor which showed the extra beats, did a tread mill (I did have a lot of shortness of breath on this and could not hardly answer his questions. Not enough air). I had a ultrasound with IV and I think that was all.

My regular dr also sent me to the pulmo doctor in the same office since she was concerned with my EKG. I had a breathing test done where I inhaled some sort of medication; and then one was breath in and blow out hard as I could, I walked up and down the hall several times to be tested. I did fine on that. He drew blood to check for allergies (I think Img or something). I had a chest x-ray. Everything was ok. My sleep study came back 4.5, which a 5 will give the insurance the ok for a c-pap machine. He said he would round it up, if I thought I wanted to try it. He then scheduled me for a bicycle test to test my chest muscles, but I was so tired of going to the cardio and pulmo all that time, that I did not go back for this last test. All this was done about 8 months before the neuro called me back in for a followup.

About 4 months prior to all this, the neuro took blood. He told me a year later at my followup that the blood work came back elevated, but he pondered on the idea, and decided to see me in a year and check on how I was doing. It was during this timeframe that all the cardio and pulmo and lose of voice came into being. The only meds I am on is Mestinon. I refused to take the betablockers since it was not life threatening. It was a very busy year. That is about all the test I can think of. Thank you for sharing.
busybusy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote