View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

On the massage, I think it will make you feel better for a short time, but to see real improvement you'll have to find an expert therapeutic masseuse.

If I was going to spend the money I'd seek out a expert bodyworker that will be able to help with postural corrections first.

I hate to say this, but I think 4-5 hrs per day are still too much computer time until you get these symptoms figured out an under control.

I had & have mild/moderate RSI/TOS & I truly believe I wouldn't have gotten the amount of recovery that I did if I was still trying to work.
I did assembly work - lots of reach, grip, twisting, static postures and lifting oh and speed...

With Dragon ( or any VR software I'm sure) a good mic & good sound card is very important - I have a old 1999 version of Via Voice and it still works pretty well when I need to use it -with but good sound card in computer & good mic.

Found this out first hand when I had a failed sound card got a cheaper brand and Via Voice did not work at all with it - horrible!
Got a better brand card and fine again. same mic both times.

On one of the other newer threads here I posted a link to many TOS videos and a bodyworker

Eric Dalton is one that sounds really interesting.
vids list -
http://www.google.com/search?q=Thora...vgc&hl=en&aq=f

Talk to school counselor or resource person?? - I know some with other pain conditions ( RSD etc) have gotten special help, extra time and assistance with classes.
You might need a drs note of some sort to verify restrictions.
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (12-16-2010), jbird (12-17-2010)