View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm wishes.

Lessa: I don't think I've had a MRI on my cervical spine. I saw my general doctor recently and she didn't want to give me an MRI because she thinks it's a direct path to neurosurgery. She also thinks I have anxiety and I had the feeling she thought that the pain I was feeling was over-exaggerated. She gave me anti-inflammatory medicine (Naproxen) and also a recommendation for physical therapy.

Thanks

Quote:
Hi ~

Have you had an MRI with and without contrast material on your cervical spine? (neck) If not, you need one - you need to find out if something in your neck is causing this problem. You could have nerves impinged. Ask your GP to order one for you. Then after you have had it done, take the films and report to a NEUROSURGEON and get an opinion ONLY. You don't want to rush into any kind of surgery. That will make you worse than you already are. You just want an opinion, unless your spinal cord is being impinged too.

Usually physical therapy can help something like this. But first you need to find out what's wrong.

Best of luck and let us know what you find out, ok?? God bless. Hugs, Lee
worstislucky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote