Thread: scared
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

locorambo,

First of all, they do NOT cut or move nerves. If the surgeon had cut your nerves, you wouldn't be able to type! They remove the disc material and yes the muscles and soft tissues are retracted. You didn't say if you had an anterior or posterior fusion. In any case, June is not a very long time in spiney time and the nerves actually plump up after a fusion from having been decompressed. It can take a long time for them to settle down. And it is not true that you will ALWAYS have pain. I have known many people who have had not one but several levels done and they are doing just fine. You just don't see them posting because they have moved on. The burning pain could be nerve damage simply by having the nerves compressed for awhile. That is precisely what happened to me except that it was in my hands. It went away after about two years. But when I asked what had caused it, it was due to the fact that my nerves had been compressed for too long. I would just go back to the doc, explain what you are feeling and let him determine the best course of action.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote