View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Yup View Post
Okay, quick update, Husband received letter from SS with an appt. to go see their Dr. on Dec 23. As for my Husband we are taking day by day, going to Speech therapy 2x a wk Physical and Occupational 3x a wk and saying my prayers everyday <3 He has more vocabulary now but still cannot give you a sentence or hold a conversation, he is starting to say NO instead of YES TO EVERYTHING ... LOL, he can walk with a quad cane his right arm is still very weak and weaker in his hand, no grip.and of course his spirits and attitude is what keep ME GOING, so crazy so unbelievable ... I m just so amazed at how this man who has had this severe stroke ~ which affected his speech and the movement of his right side has the ability to lift not only my spirits but others .
YES THIS IS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY <3
So wish us luck and a lil pray for next week !
That's good news and an inspiration. It is always important to be upbeat and positive EXCEPT when having a consultative exam by Social Security. Then he needs to be brutally honest about his limitations. High spirit and good attitude will get him through life but he doesn't want to minimize the effects of the stroke when he is examined by SSA. He wants to be sure that the examining doctor can observe his disabilities more than his abilities. Yes, it can be a bit demoralizing, but he needs to be sure that the examining doctor doesn't write down that he said he has no problems. List all the problems. All of them. Memory, speech, gait, weakness, grip, depression, lethargy. How much exertion tires him out, how much weight can he lift and carry and for how long and how far. Be honest, not positive.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote