View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisable View Post
If you want to call it that. Went to a new neuro. Was a nice man (if he were my neighbor.), but didn't do much for me in the "Dr." area.

Said, yep, you have Parathesia, couldn't suggest any more tests or reasons for it, said may "go away" by itself (I am not holding my breath), said if it doesn't, it will get worse and at that time be easier to dx. (oh goodie, I'll just wait for that happy day.) Said nothing to do now except increase Gabapentin as needed (and get fatter and fatter.)
This is exactly what 3 neuros have now told me. I guess that they can't all be wrong. Still hard to accept. If I had a diagnosis, I could accept this and move on. I don't think Dr's truly understand how having a diagnosis is essential for patients to be able to accept the pain. If the pain had a name, it'd be easier. I don't understand how there are a bunch of people out here with the same symptoms and they don't know what it is....maybe we have some new disease and in 15 years from now they will finally know what it is.
rose_thorn98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote