View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default no generics

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
started taking 50/200mg cr, caraco generic, and has worked very well. last refill was given apotex generic and seems a lot less effective. anyone had a similar experience?
Soccertease,

We tried generics and they totally did not work for us. I can't remember the brand (ha) of the generic, though.

There are some articles, I think here even, about generics and how they differ from name brand...fillers, etc., all of which affect bioavailability and timing. The only thing generics must have that is the same is the active ingredient: EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE DIFFERENT!! Most people have no clue and pharmacists border on lying when they tell people generics are the same, identical, etc. etc. What a crock.

I'd look that up, and ask your neuro to rewrite the script as it's not working for you. You might ask him how many patients have done the same. I've been surprised when we've been given something and when it didn't work, or we had a problem, the neuro would say something like "yes, that happens a lot". Makes me wonder WHY he tried it out on us if he knew it wasn't particularly successful.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote