View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

You make some good points. Sometimes what's in a writer's mind is different than what's in a reader's.

It wasn't my intention to suggest that anyone not persue diagnosis. As I've said in other posts, I'm an advocate of multiple opinions, and have gotten them myself on many occasions when I wasn't satisfied.

I understand the desperation because I've been there too. There comes a point/time, and it's a grey area different for each individual, when the stress of the obsession for answers may become more detrimental (or contributive) than the condition/question. It's not cut-and-dried either; things are in constant flux and worthy of re-evaluation. Nothing can be done about the conditions I mentioned today, but that doesn't mean I'm resigned to roll over and go away. I keep reading, stay in touch with the doctors - we never know what tomorrow will bring, especially in the technological times we're living in now.

Yes, it's a balance; I should have emphasized that more than just making the observation.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote