Thread: Edta
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Edta

Hi there everyone - this is my first post!

I've been taking a liquid vitamin, Omega-3, and a few other supplements daily for about 6 months. I've been feeling better too.

Recently, I've read a lot about EDTA and decided to start taking it. Unfortunately, I get some pretty strong heartburn within minutes of swallowing the capsules. It lasts for several hours.

It took me a while to figure out it was the EDTA causing that - but now I am sure.

The potential benefits make me want to keep taking it. It is supposed to help clean the arteries of plaque and fatty deposits - I'm almost 50 and I'm sure that I could use that! Also it is said to help with kidney stones, which is something I suffer from.

I've searched the web and not found any other complaints or reports of EDTA causing heartburn. It perplexes me, because I am one of those people with a "cast iron stomach" - I can eat almost anything and never experience heartburn. Before I figured out it was the EDTA, and because heartburn is not a familar experience to me, I was frightened that it was a sign of heart problems.

Have you heard this complaint before? Is that a normal reaction for some people? Any ideas on why this happens to me? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
kcpopps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote