Thread: No kidding?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm right there with you.

Sorry - I've been a lurker on this and another site, but as I see other YO's out there struggling with the same extreme anxiety that has gripped me for the past 6 mo, I must chime in. My neuro has been very sympathetic. He agrees that PD definitely affects the autonomic nervous system. He keeps an eye on my thyroid, too. He briefly gave me propranolol which really helped but hasn't continued it for fear of depression. Interesting that it also works on hyperthyroid problems, eh?(I'm prepared to beg for some over the next few days!) I've tried Lexapro - worked for a while but no more. Have weaned off that stuff. Mirapex - don't really see helping, but haven't had bad side effects. Am weaning off that, too. Main symptom has been tremor for years, but this new anxiety is really hard to deal with. I've always been a nervous/anxious person and believe this definitely has something to do with the PD. My job has become more and more stressful as well.

I read somewhere that PD is all about being out of balance chemically. Anybody seen an endocronologist?
johanne1420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote