View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default There's nothing mental about RSD/CRPS whatsoever

There's nothing mental about RSD/CRPS whatsoever, it only feels that way at times:

Right now you're just in that common battle ground many of us have experienced when dealing with Worker's Comp or any other kind of legal battle where everyone at the table is trying to figure out a way to avoid any financial responsibility for your damage and/or health problems.

To deny there not being a psychological component to CRPS is ignorant as we watch our bodies and lifestyle change in ways we could never have dreamed possible, but that doesn't mean you've gone banana's, it only means you're going through the stages of surprise, denial, and acceptance that we've all gone through at one stage or another.

Don't let these lawyers try and blame your mental health as being the problem because they're wrong. Meanwhile hang on to your hat because whoever said our legal system is about finding the truth is living in Wonder Land. While RSD might not drive us crazy, the odds of surviving the legal system can be more than enough reason to find ourselves in a place where they lock us in tight each night and give us a cookie every afternoon around 3 while nurses pass out medication that puts the brain in la-la land. Hang tough and make sure you've got good legal representation and you will survive it, but the only mental health concern I have for you is in regards to our courts, never the RSD. Now please excuse me, I think I just heard the nurse say it's cookie time. Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDanDan View Post
Hello out there!
hope you are all well
I have Peripheral Neuropathy and CRPS on my right foot injuried on a car accident 4 years ago.
I've been to Pain Management Team, on that time, when i was diagnosed and i remember the doctor explaining about my symptoms and treatment, and she said that medication would help, but also i could help myself psychologically (tapping to her head). Since them I've been trying my best in keep up, working on regenerate my nerve damaged and recover from Post Trauma.

Yesterday i had to review a legal medical report from a Psychiatrist about my Mental Health for Court

On the report he wrote about the Prognosis of my Chronic Pain and state that in his opinion he would expect a significant degree of recovery such that I can return to a fairly normal level of function within 9 months of the commencement of treatment...

sorry if my question sounds nonsense, i am not an expert
Please, do you know if Chronic Pain is a Mental Health Condition???,
i thought that was a Neurological Disorder? well, i am a layperson about my own condition, I never had opportunity to visit a Neurologist and i've been learning from Internet and from the little input of Doctors here in UK. "Health Studies" and our bodies are soooo complex to understand...we patients need help and information.
I would be greatfuly if you could comment about it and give your opinion too, also if you have experienced such a quickly recovery i would be more inspired. I really hope that he is right about timing
thanks in advance
lots of love
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CarlaDanDan (12-18-2010), SandyRI (12-18-2010), wswells (12-20-2010)