View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Went to a pain doc in NYC and he does not believe I have RSD. Let me briefly go over my history and see what you guys think. I think I definably have RSD
1997- starting getting a cold left foot (I was born with right hip dysplasia and walk with a limp putting a lot of strain on my left foot), No one could figure out why my foot got cold and achy....2003- Three phase bone scan results indicate RSD, Had a right hip replacement in 2003, Following the surgery my foot started to get hot and cold. Mirroring in right foot, hands starting stinging and then muscle wasting began in my arms/elbows. My feet still gets hot and cold and major pain. I use a scooter to get around--OK so why does he think I dont have it- 1- I don't have skin sensitivity in my left foot, 2-muscle wasting is far from the foot area-muscle wasting should be in foot. 3 I dont have abnormal hair or toenail growth. He thinks I have an autonomic disease but he does not know what I have. He even kind of laughed about the diagnosis of RSD -that it was so wrong. ARG- He is going to call some of his colleagues about me..Oh and he did and muscle test which showed that none of my pain is coming from muscles (directly)

Thanks for your thoughts....

Deb
Sorry I forgot one thing. You stated you don't have normal nail and hair growth? I have been told and read that is one of the biggest signs of RSD,over growth, it was mine and my PT person picked it up. When you have a cast on for a long time that can also cause abnormal hair growth but that's temporary I think that's why it was not picked up by my orthopedic surgeon. Just curious.
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote