View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not all that alone with this challenge. I must mention in testing Ambien and Lunesent, nothing changed. I was still up after only two hours of sleep.

In addition, since my stroke I have weak respiratory response syndrome, which means my doctors are very careful not to give me something that may cause me to go to sleep, BUT, never wake up again. That would really **** my wife off.

This is a big reason I was sternly warned away from any herbal supplements to assist sleep especially on top of the other pain narcotic meds.

I've tried everything to "reset" my sleep pattern, but nothing works. I've learned to just go with the flow. Sleep when sleepy, wake when awake. This has contributed to the slow recovery from the bronchitis I have had since Nov. 20th. Not bad but still remnants.

Much of this is never told to you by your neuros and other doctors until it comes up. Would have been nice to at least know what to have expected especially after the stroke. Thank you all for your support and sharing your experiences.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (12-19-2010), Kitty (12-18-2010), SallyC (12-18-2010)