View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOWLING View Post
Hello,

I have been living with full body RSD/CRPS for 9 years. About three years ago my long term insurance company tried to cancel my claim. Their reason RSD/CRPS is a mental condition not physical. I had my doctors all write a letter explaining the conditon. They didn't cancle my benefits. Here is what my psychologist wrote to the insurance company.
I can state without reservations whatsoever that CRPS/RSD is a physical disorder. It is not believed to be psychological or psychocomatic in orgin. Althourgh there is considerable controversy as to the specific causes and mechanisms, it is a diagnosable physical disorder marked by dysfucntion of the autnomic nerves system, sever pain and disability and progressieve neruological and othopedic deterioration due to compromised blood flow. Although depression and stress are very common consequences of the ongoing chronic pain loss of function and inability to find difinitive medical care (as well as ignorance in the medical profession and by other as the real physical nature of disorder) it is completely accepted by all medical organizations of which I am aware as a completely real physical syndrome. Depression and stress are common consequences of the disorder, they are not its cause.
For some reason this letter was close to my computer so I thought I would share.
I hope you find the answers you need good luck and let me know if I can help.
Sherrie
Sherrie thank you so much, im glad that yours benefit was not cancelled. Justice exists.
God bless you immensely for share this letter. It helps me a lot. Information is really power. I will insist on the changing of that report with no doubt that CRPS/RSD is not a mental condition. Also that i dont agree with "9 months treatment will bring me back to normal function", i wish could.
I believed many people out there must think CRPS/RSD are mental conditions. Theres no pain awareness campaign enough i think. Here in England i am struggle to find support. Thanks to internet, i've being able to have help, from here too, also to be in touch with family abroad. Its just wonderful to be able to read about your victory.
thank you for the help
take care

Carla
CarlaDanDan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote