View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS- anyone else have trouble walking?

I haven't officially been diagnosed with PCS yet, though I've been to the docs about a dozen times in the last 6 weeks (since it happened).

About 6 weeks ago on a Friday I was getting into a vanpool at work, for the ride home. I hopped in, and somehow managed to smack the top of my head against the metal rail for the back door. My face immediately went numb, and a few minutes later I had trouble staying focused so I decided to sleep for the hour ride home. I had irritation to light for the next 3 days, as well as extreme fatigue (like having the flu).

The next Monday I was literally falling asleep at my desk (waking up then going back to sleep) - I've never done that before!

Tuesday morning my right foot starting having this burning sensation, then tingling, and over the next few weeks it moved up to my arm and my face (right side). Also, in the beginning period it felt like:
-all my muscles were constantly "locked" and twitching (lasted for 9-10 days)
-my hands/legs (mostly hands) would "fall asleep" at night and wouldn't move until a few seconds after waking up and trying to move them
-trouble swallowing
-felt weird sensations, like I was urinating but I really wasn't
-had very slight incontinence (only enough to make boxers damp, went away after a few days)
-constant ringing in ears

And probably a few other things. Most of these symptoms come and go (mostly gone, though my trouble swallowing started up again today).

I've been having problems with walking most of this time, and I'm really not sure if it's getting better or worse. ER shunned me away saying CT and MRI's are clean. They also said my knee reflexes are "too hyper." First neurologist sent me for blood tests and it came back fine, said he was stumped and to see somebody else.

I guess I just want to know...will this EVER get better? I just got back from celebrating my 1yr wedding anniversary... Can physical therapy help? I don't want to end up in a wheelchair...
CiViCKiDD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote